Friday, June 5, 2009

This is for you, Mom

So, I have had absolutely no time to do anything like call people, clean, nap, write in my blog.... but I am making time for this because my mom really wants me to. In fifteen minutes I am going to my job orientation. We are all just going to our job offices and doing paper work, getting our schedules, and uniforms.

Last monday, all the other students got here so there are now 62 students here and however many staff... like 15 or something. We have been going to meetings and orientation for the project, eating meals, and getting into groups or playing team building games to get to know everyone better. I am also in a small group bible study for the rest of the summer, so we have met a couple times. I am rooming with 2 other girls and we already love each other. We all went to Gap yesterday and bought the same dresses but in different colors to wear tonight when we go eat at the Winery. I also love my small group bible study. We all shared our stories and really got to know each other.

Tomorrow is my first official day of work. I am excited but a little nervous because I don't really know what I'm doing. haha, but I'll learn it easily probably :)

Oh yeah, funny story-- Wednesday we had "fun day" and we were all split into group of ten for a competitve game day. The first thing we had to do was come up with a cheer for our group. Well since we are staying at the Peter Pan Motel, we decided to be the Lost Boys from Peter Pan. One of the guys in our group was wearing all green like Peter Pan. We told him to climb on top of the roof and then run and jump off like he's Peter Pan... but all the guys in our group were going to catch him. (The building is a little over a storey high) Well, the staff guy made our group stand on the side not to where Peter was going to run off of, but we thought that he knew this also. When it was his cue to run over the roof, we weren't there to catch him... he came sprinting over the roof but then he noticed we weren't there so he tried to stop but the roof is slanted. He fell off the roof. Good thing he didn't get hurt!!! Now we all laugh about it.

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment