Sunday, July 4, 2010

I am so thankful that I'm not religious

Today I encountered God in a coffee shop.

Maybe it was watching all the silly flies trying to escape from the shop as they continually flew into the window thinking that they were going to escape to the beautiful, sunny outdoors. God created those brainless bugs for a reason. The flies reminded me that we, humans, are just like those flies when it comes to the decisions we make. We are so stupid and we need our Creator, Sustainer of the Universe, and Heavenly Father, to point us to the "way out" of whatever sin we are stuck in, decision we have to make, or trial that we are going through.
Sorry, flies, for not having the ability to show you the way out. I would look very ridiculous trying to wave bugs out in this coffee shop.

On a more serious note of experiencing God in a coffee shop, I was reminded today of how God delights in me and wants me to delight in Him. I'm so thankful that I am not religious. I am so glad that what I believe in doesn't demand of me to bow down 5 times a day in prayer or attend an awfully boring service. God loves that I am in a coffee shop right now enjoying time in His word and thinking about how He delights in me enjoying His creation.

The Lord your God is with you. He is mighty to save. He will sing over you with gladness. He will quiet you with His love. He will delight in you with shouts of joy. Zephaniah 3:17

Thank you, God, for creating coffee for me to enjoy. Thank you for music and that I have a laptop to enjoy. Thank you for the pestering bugs that just want to delight in the outdoors. Thank you for creating me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment