Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Here I am. again.

Yes, I have neglected this blog. It's been on my heart today to write a post. God is really working in my heart right now, and I would love to share with you what is going on. Maybe this will encourage you because you're going through something similar. Or maybe this will just be interesting for you to know what is going on with me. Whatever it is, I hope that God uses this to speak to you just like he has spoken to me.

I titled this blog "Let's be real". Sorry, it wouldn't let me call the domain by the title, so I used my twitter/instagram username (allybent). Here's why I titled it that....

I lead/work in a ministry with high school students called Cru high school in the Raleigh/Durham area. I love it. Most of my girls have heard me say multiple times, "Let's be real", or something along those lines. Why? Because our culture and world today is SO GOOD at hiding, hiding from what's really going on in their lives. I hate that. I love and value genuineness and realness, and I know God does too. Check out 1 John 1:5-10 that talks about how we should walk in the light, our sins and selves exposed, because God is in the light, and then, we can have REAL fellowship with Him and other believers.

One blog that is written by a couple of my friends has really inspired me because I can see God working through these 2 girls, Heather and Kelly, and their blog because they are real with girls on the issues that we face. Please go read it. It's called A Girl Like Me.

Now, I don't think that we should use technology and social media to be real with others. Technology and the internet is just another way that we can hide. It's easy to tell a complete stranger, over the internet, without looking at them face to face what is going on in our lives. Key phrase there is "face to face". I hope and pray that through my posts, you will be encouraged to seek Jesus first in every part of your life, and also to talk with others, people you know and who care about you, about something brought up here that hit something in your heart.

That is the purpose of my blog posts: That they will lead you to see and seek Jesus in every part of your life, and that they will encourage you to share with others (face to face, or at least verbally) what is going on in your life and heart.

I'll be back soon to share about something that has just happened in my life (and it sucks), but I know that God is using it for my good and His glory. Hopefully it will also encourage and challenge you.

Love, A


No comments:

Post a Comment